Special Mention for innovation at their school:
Allied World award for Community Partnership:
BEN Outstanding Teacher Awards Finalists 2021
It started in 2017
The annual BEN Teacher Awards has been recognising the accomplishments of exceptional teachers since 2017. Every year, our charity honours ten outstanding public school teachers and selects one overall winner
Who is an Outstanding Teacher?
- They are highly skilled and demonstrate expertise in their content area or area of specialisation.
- They inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- They are regarded as leaders in their school and have the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues.
- They go above and beyond to inspire youth, either through leadership activities in school or through a role in the community.
Outstanding Teacher Award Winners
- 2021 Dean Foggo, Clearwater Middle School
- 2020 Diamond Outerbridge, The Berkeley Institute
- 2019 Alandra Swan, Francis Patton
- 2018 Sharmaine Nusum, TN Tatem Middle School
- 2017 Kelly Donville, Dellwood Middle School
All educators in Bermuda may submit one nomination which are considered by a nominating committee consisting of experienced educators from elementary and senior schools.
Nominees must be currently employed in the BPSS and must have worked in the public education system for three years.